Wednesday 24 February 2016

E4 Ident Progress (Maya) - Modelling my character

Today i modeled the torso of my character i like how it turned out, it feels natural in terms of the weight distribution. I created the torso by starting with a cylinder and extruding it and scaling edges and vertices until i got the shape right. 

I also modeled the mouth my adding numerous edge loops and basically just moving vertices about whilst keeping an eye on the topology.

After i modeled the mouth i thought my characters head was about done so i used the combine tool to make both sides of the head the same mesh so i could patch it together. I then used the target weld tool to patch the vertices together along the center line. 

When i had patched my head together i began to fix my topology by eliminating any triangles at the top and bottom of the head and making sure the rest of my model was alright.






No comments:

Post a Comment